3 Jul 2019

2nd July 2019 A martyr to raps.

 *

Tuesday 2nd July 56-63F, bright periods but rather cloudy. With the sky moving rapidly from the west. Windy too, at times, but highly variable. I have a touch of hay fever this morning. Yesterday's strong winds may have lifted some pollen up to my exalted position on the trike. Or perhaps it was all that ducking under the gusts?

A walk up to the woods and back down by the direct western route. Which was a foolish mistake because oil seed rape is all but impenetrable even where it meets the hedges. Needless to say I was stung and scratched quite thoroughly by the time I had extricated myself and returned to what passes for civilisation locally. Fortunately a dab or two with Witch hazel was as good as a general anesthetic but without my having to miss anything. The "glider winged" bird of prey sailed effortlessly through our garden just as morning coffee arrived.

Wednesday 3rd 60F, bright but cloudy and breezy. The sky is fairly whipping across outside my north-facing, dormer window. Bright clumps of cumulus set against a blue sky seem to be growing larger by the moment.

At first it seemed the atmosphere had been scrubbed clean. With sharp edges to every landscape. Later, as I returned the same way from the lanes, the distant trees had taken on a  bluish hue. I thought I could hear a harvester in the background but nothing was visible. Sounds were amplified by the strong westerly wind. Making the traffic noise seem distinctly "overblown."

Yesterday I moved the HDMI cable from one socket to the other [HDMI 1 to HDMI 2] on my Samsung monitor. Then found my blog text and other websites had gone distinctly wonky. [If you will excuse the technical term.] Returning the cable to the rear socket [HDMI 1] instantly returned everything back to crispy wonder and light. It is lucky I am such a master of this new-fangled technology, isn't it?


Click on any image for an enlargement.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment