4 Oct 2026

4.10.2026 33km and the embankment.

 ~?~

  Sunday 4th 50F/10C [9.25]  Bright sunshine. Sunny periods peaking at 15C. Light westerly winds.

 21C/70F in the room. Heat pump remote set to 18C/64F.

 Up at 8.45! After waking, dreaming and drifting. Another ride?

 10.15 Back from a walk around the drives on the back fields. A male pheasant was caught out in the middle of the newly sewn field. Without any local cover it dashed off to the far side. Quite a distance. 

 I decided to have an afternoon ride. Neither battery was fully charged. 

 16.10 Back from a 33km ride. Heading north up to the new railway track. Where the embankment seems to have finally reached the required height at the new bridge. 

 It was mostly bright sunshine but several large plates of cloud went over. There was a blustery crosswind for most of the ride..

 I shopped in the distant village on the way back. Still more roads closed for the district heating expansion. It seems to go on forever. I was directed to use the railway underpass. Which meant quite a steep flight of stairs. So I had to dismount. 

 Dinner was free range pork sausage, mushrooms and plum tomatoes. 

 

 

  ~?~

No comments:

Post a Comment