23 Jun 2021

23.06.2021 Orphaned Amazon Parcels.

 ~~

Wednesday 23rd 58F, heavy overcast, calm. Even less sunshine on offer today. Waoo Internet is having an early surge to the guaranteed speed. Expected to quickly drop to upper 70s or lower 80sMbps. As it does every day. 84Mbps by 9.00. Is this a joke?

A walk in mild conditions under grey skies. Only a few blackbirds singing today. I didn't hear a single warbler. A gentle breeze is moving the trees now.

After morning coffee I set off for the village on my trike to try and find a missing parcel. The tracking showed it had gone out for delivery, last Friday, but it had never arrived. I guessed that the driver had simply dumped the parcel off at one of the local, parcel pickup shops to save himself the effort of making a delivery. Without any phone number, nor email address on the package I was not warned of its location.

By sheer luck I found my parcel at the second parcel pickup shop. My previous parcel had never been delivered either. That had showed it as being out for delivery but it had never arrived. So I must assume that too followed the same misdirection as last time. That had eventually been returned to sender. I have lost six weeks on a construction project. For want of the receipt of my original order. All thanks to a bone idle, lazy, van driver.  

Waoo Internet at 75Mbps. It's getting slower than ever. So much for Guaranteed 200Mbps speed! Do the Waoo staff get only 1/3 of their full salary for failure to provide the guaranteed service? I doubt it!

Three blackbird chicks suddenly appeared on the lawn. They were sitting very still as I wandered about tidying up. Then a neighbour's cat turned up. It is of a nervous nature. So it failed to notice the birds as it did figures of eight around them while staring at me. I shooed the cat away, fearing the worst. Each of the birds then dashed for cover when they had summoned up the courage.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment