14 Jun 2021

14.06.2021 Waoo Internet crawling again.

 ~~

 

Monday 14th 59F, bright and breezy but rather a lot of cloud. Temperatures are expected to rise throughout the week. With 30C or higher promised by Friday. 

Waoo Internet is at 73Mbps instead of the 200Mbps I pay for. 

A warm walk to the village in brilliant sunshine. My Lumix G9 camera is misbehaving after an update. So is the TV. Google's sociopathic obsession with advertising has broken Android. 

So is Firefox broken after their latest update. It takes over a minute to wake up and show the Browser search page. It must be that last Windows update. The update straw which broke the iCamel's back. 

Did I mention that Google Blogger isn't working again? No drag and drop for images on either of my W10 machines. No automatic text justification around images.

Today marks a relaxation of the Jinping Plague protection measures in Denmark. No more masks in most public places. What can possibly go wrong?

09.20 and Waoo has crawled up to 95Mbps. I had a very quick response to my email to tech support after I completely lost the internet twice today. I was asked to test the speed at the fibre box. This produced 190Mbps on a one meter cable on my fast laptop. Close to the "guaranteed" speed but hardly a real world test. IMO. I carried out the other recommended measures and made some interesting discoveries. 

The Cat6 cable to the TV seems to be less reliable than another one I tried. There have been no cut-outs since I swapped cables. My approach to the "speed problem" is that I can fairly regularly [but not reliably] see 220Mbps on my PC after the router without any special procedures. Which is why I have been questioning the very low speed I see more often than not. 75-85 is almost normal. I shall buy another Cat6 cable for the TV to see if that solves the drop-out problem.

 

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment