6 Jan 2021

6.01.2021 Snowing?

 ~~

Wednesday 6th 34F, cloudy and frosty with snow due. It could be 6" or it could be sleet.

8.30am and it has been snowing for a while. Though with little impact so far. Perhaps half an inch of the white stuff evenly spread. Snow shovels and boots are at the ready. Just in case they are needed later.

9.00 Snowing harder now and sticking to everything. I have been denied snow clearing because of my [still] aching back. I'd better have a walk now if I'm going to. Anything to avoid sitting here rattling on about some political trivia. Like the end of democracy in America.

A walk to the lanes in my big, winter boots. My jacket was plastered in wet snow by the time I returned. A small flock of Fieldfares retreated from my lumbering self. While I retreated to the back of the verge every time a vehicle approached. Just to avoid them having to take to the white areas by having to drive around me. Everybody was driving sensibly. The roads were mostly white. With fresh, dark tracks only appearing with each passing vehicle. There seemed to be no shortage. With lorries, vans and cars in equal number.

2020 was the first year in recorded history in which Denmark did not have a single day when it remained below freezing. 

13.00 Delivery driver too lazy to bring parcels to the gate. There was so little snow on the drive I could walk along in ordinary shoes. No boots required. To see his tire tracks doing a three point turn at the junction. Lies, damned lies and parcel van drivers. Now I have to risk life and limb collecting the parcels from a drop-of shop on snow covered roads.

Chinese Dictator Sly "Plague" Jinping is blocking WHO experts access to Wuhan to research the origins of the Jinping Plague. An open admission of guilt? Like all evil dictators he does seem to be hyper-allergic to the truth. 

The snow remained too wet to accumulate. I had a scrape around with a snow shovel just for the exercise.


~~


No comments:

Post a Comment