8 Jan 2021

8.01.2020 Insubordinate snow!

 ~~

Friday 8th 32F, heavy overcast. A little snow lying evenly and decoratively. I have returned to my "normal" self this morning. The forecast is dry but grey. So it is snowing lightly but steadily. Don't you just hate insubordinate snow?

The wet snow kept up for an hour and a half. As I walked up to the woods and back the other way in my old, familiar loop. I took 105 wintry pictures and saw four deer. A Kestrel was hovering quite high near home. My old, Lumix TZ7 zoom and focus motors are misbehaving. Perhaps it's the cold?

Prehistory, Stone Age, Bronze Age, Iron Age, Medieval, Renaissance, Technological age, Advertising Age of Decline, Human extinction by Amazon's sociopathic AI. 

A fourteen mile ride in driving sleet to collect the packages. Which the GLS driver was too lazy to deliver. He lied and claimed there was nobody at home. A truly amazing performance in remote scanning for life signs. Particularly, considering he left his tire tracks over 100 yards from our gate where he made a U-turn in the drive. Should I tip off the Guinness Book of Utterly Pointless Records?

Outside the shop I struggled to fit my mask while wearing the GripGrab medieval scull cap under my cycling helmet. A kind lady asked if I needed a mask. But I finally managed to find my ears after all. They were just where I had left them. 

I tried wearing an old pair of winter training, cycle trousers with rubberised legs. Resulting in my leaving a trail of black, rubber crumbs on the floor indoors and out on the snow. The trousers went straight into the dustbin on my return. I'm a martyr to inbuilt obsolescence and rubber-nibbling, ozone predators.

A lady deer broke cover from the woods on my left. Dashed across the lane right in front of me. Then bounded off into the far distance. Silly dear! 

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment