5 Sept 2019

5th September 2019 The Deluge! [Director's Cut.]

*

Thursday 5th, 54F, overcast with a few small holes. The forecast is a mixture of sunshine and showers. With a split over timing.

"Top Gear" has been reported to the police for driving several 4WDs on a protected coastal dune around a lighthouse in North Jylland. [Eng:Jutland]

Dansk Top Gear-optagelse bliver meldt til politiet | Nordjylland | DR

My morning walk reached only as far as the neighbour's carport. Less than a 100 yards. Where I waited [and waited] for the rain to stop lashing down so I could safely return home. The picture tells most of the story. A morning of heavy showers and sunny periods.

Ever the optimist, I went shopping in the afternoon. In the village I was overtaken by a gaggle of about a dozen, school, cycling club members. Later, I was within 50 yards of the drive when it absolutely bucketed down! The fields vanished behind a solid white wall of rain as I cowered under a leaky tree. Only 7 miles. Some of it wet. Am I having fun yet? THG swears that the weather is rough whenever the USA has a hurricane. It does seem to be true.

Friday 6th 53-?F, bright but rather cloudy start. Rain expected all day. Walked across the prairie to the woods. I was going to tour the firebreaks but it started raining hard. So I retreated back the way I had come as the rain eased and then stopped. Later in the day there were torrential downpours with strong winds. Image: Linaria [Toadflax] all alone beside the track to the woods.


Click on any image for an enlargement.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment