16 Sept 2019

16th September 2019

*

Monday 16th 51-57F, quite bright but rather cloudy. With occasional gusts. A hint of a chill on the fingers as I started my walk. Though the headwind soon dropped. I took snaps of the gulls as they moved about restlessly on the newly sewn or ploughed fields.

Then I walked on up the hill to capture some shots of ploughing. The most amazing cloud pattern took ages to move away. To finally let the sun through. No excuse for a ride today.

Tuesday 17th 49-51F, bright as thin cloud clears but breezy from NW. Already blowing hard as I walked to the lanes. Where I captured lots of snaps of a mobile, hose reel, muck spreader. The system uses a large and noisy diesel engine to pump the pig's waste along a 4" hose. The spreader carries a huge reel. On which it winds and unwinds miles of hose as it travels the fields at a walking pace. The entire cab on the machine rotates to avoid having to make a turn at each end of a run. Which would put an unwanted twist in the hose.

Not a day for a ride with gusts to 50mph and light showers. It is already clouding over at 10am. Rain started at 10.20. Still no rain on the TV forecast. The DMI has rain from 11.00-1400. Shopped in the car. Tree debris, brought down by the weather, on the road all through the forest.

Let me know if I miss the end of the world news. I will no longer click "Accept" [cookies] on every single news item by every publisher on Google News.



Click on any image for an enlargement.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment