6 Sept 2021

6.09.2021 Beware of sociopathic/inadequate bus drivers!

 ~~

Monday 6th 48F, cool and bright but rather cloudy again.The sun remained veiled during my walk and became steadily worse. I crossed a stubble field just for a change of scenery. 

The chickens were out on their own field again. Seemingly uncaring that a tractor was slashing the hedges nearby. Further on, a clutch of pheasants were exercising their freedom to roam.  

A 7 mile shopping ride in the afternoon. The shops were busy and I wore my surgical mask as usual. Still the only one in the village. 

Going quite well. Though not fast enough for a bus driver.  Who overtook me as the road narrowed to coincide with an oncoming car. I wonder whether the driver was Danish? They usually learn respect for cyclists almost from birth. 

I was too busy staying alive to check. Because I was running my nearside tyre along the edge of the rough grass verge. As the bus all but brushed me off the road. A lesser cyclist would have gone under the wheels of the bus! Blood! Ambulance! Notifying the next of kin. Flowers. Funeral. All because of an impatient, fuck-witted, bus driver.

Sociopathic bus drivers, eh? Who needs them? Bus companies, I suppose. That the problem with <cough> "cycling friendly" Denmark. No rural, cycle paths. There are 20cm, vertical drops off the side of the asphalt on the other side of the road just there. It has been like that for years. There's plenty of room on the verge for a marked off, cycle lane. If not a "proper" separated cycle path. But they wouldn't want to set a precedent.

Local government officials obviously don't cycle. Or just don't care. I guarantee that any new [motorway] bridge, connecting the three, main islands of Denmark, will not have a cycle lane built in. That would be silly, wouldn't it? They wouldn't want to give cyclists a sense of being worthy citizens, taxpayers and valuable contributors to society. They would rather build nuclear power stations. Than fight climate change via the millions of commuters. They even lie about the growing numbers of electric cars. Most of these are hybrids. Which produce more CO2 than diesel or petrol driven vehicles.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment