14 Sept 2021

14.09.2021 Direct ascent.

 ~~

 Tuesday 14th 56-64F, overcast.


Fine rain was falling as I left for my walk. The drizzle became steadily worse. Obscuring the distant views like mist as I climbed the steep, stubble fields up to the forest. I returned by another way across further stubble fields. 

I kept snapping away. Trying to capture the landscape from fresh viewpoints. Which are usually denied to me because of the crops. It feels odd, sometimes, to be standing, or walking, in once distant, completely inaccessible situations. Looking back, or even down, at my usual routes. 

The zigzag main track to the forest must be a relic of smaller fields. Meanwhile, the background "hills" are probably only a few meters higher than the foreground. 

Afternoon, heavy, grocery shopping in the car. Yet again, I was the only one wearing a mask. Brightened up in the late afternoon with some blue skies.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment