7 Jun 2019

7th June 2019 A terrifying absence of tea!

*

Friday 7th 55F, calm, bright, grey and much cooler. Sunshine promised. After the last few day's rants I had better calm down for a bit. I might sneak a ride in today.

An hour and a half walk through the far woods and back along the road. The latter took a full half hour despite a steady pace. The council has been cutting the verges. Making off-road progress much safer to avoid the traffic.

 I took 56 photos and saw one deer. Many of my pictures were spoilt by "burnt out" areas from bright sunshine. Bright overcast is much more forgiving for woodland scenes thanks to more even lighting.

Left at 11am for a ride to several villages in the hope of finding organic, English Breakfast tea. It was a stock item for years but now there is none of any variety. Six supermarkets later and I was still without. Going surprisingly well even on the climbs. A very hilly route for 23 miles in all. Some readers may consider 23 miles a trifle excessive just for a cup of tea. I have gone up to 83 miles, several times, without one in the past.


Click on any image for an enlargement.


*

No comments:

Post a Comment