22 Jun 2019

22nd June 2019 The day the EU died. R.I.P.

*

Saturday 22nd 60F, bright and sunny. Next week is promised a 40C heat wave over much of Europe.

Herr Chancellor Merkel [Der EU Führer] has publicly crucified St.Margrethe [Vestager] on the dome of the Reichstag.

Merkel has stamped all hope of EU reform under her vicious jackboot in a last, dying act of twisted cruelty from her vulnerable, political bunker.

Remember this date: Midsummer 2019. It all ended here. The day seven hundred and forty million, hapless, unarmed, EU citizens lost the war to The Alien Looter's Cabal.

Today, I walked around the gorgeous, rural block. Three miles in warm sunshine and a dead calm. I took 56 photographs. Mostly while waiting for cloud shadows to move on.

Late morning ride to the shops oop north. It felt like a headwind but I was cruising at 14-18 mph. A tanned and wiry cyclist went past like I was going backwards. Well, so would you be if you were carrying 70kg of ABUS Mini-U lock.

My Sigma computer had lost the will to live [again] while I was shopping. It had already done that before I left but succumbed to some judicious button prodding. So much for replacing the batteries! It's memory is even worse than mine! I can feel an email coming on to the Guinness Book of Pointless Records.

The crooks at the supermarket had no stock of their <cough> special offers, again. When does repeated false advertising become premeditated fraud? When does repeated enticement become grooming? It's odd that Denmark has no consumer protection at all. Probably still in denial like they are with climate change these days.

I was crapped on my arm by a bird as I neared home. Such a rare occurrence I can't remember the last time it happened. Probably because birds usually look down on me. A leaf from a weed removed the worst but I'm still bound to turn into a zombie within 24 hours. 14 miles, I think, therefore it is.

Sunday 23rd 64F, mostly warm, sunny and calm, with variable cloud promised. Walked anti-clockwise in a big loop using a little known footpath. I have to walk to the far end of the nearest village first. Before taking a steep, 1-in-4 track up through the countryside.

There is a farmhouse on the path and their dogs always bark furiously as they move menacingly around me. Only one dog today and the owner came out to have the dog ignore him as usual.

Monet sews poppies in memory of the EU and the death of democracy at the hands of  yet another Chancellor of Germany.

I walked on. Returning via the familiar lanes. The same bird of prey as yesterday, or its twin, gave a low flying display as it looked for breakfast. It remained very low and did not immediately leave the area today, as I stood stock still. Its wing tips were darker than I remembered but just as long and narrow. None of the common European birds of prey come even close on wingspan for its modest [middling] size. It covered exactly the same ground as yesterday.


Click on any image for an enlargement.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment