6 May 2019

6th May 2019 TZ7 dust bunny eradication.

*

Monday 6th 40-51F, bright sunshine, a bit breezy with fast moving white clouds. Walked to lanes with eyes watering and my hands stuffed deep into my jacket pockets. It keeps becoming overcast with very light showers. There are Chaffinches singing or calling everywhere I go. It became increasingly windy and there were hale showers in the afternoon.

Tuesday 7th 42-51F, bright start but increasingly cloudy. A chilly wind as I walked around the rural block with detours. Probably about four miles altogether. The woods were looking well as they come into leaf. Each tree in their own time. Lots of birds about. Including a pair of brown birds of prey with long tails. Took 41 pictures this morning so should have enough for at least a couple of days.

I just cleaned my TZ7 camera sensor of dust [again.] The dust was projecting a darker blob onto every image I captured. There are numerous YT videos on cleaning the sensor on Panasonic Lumix TZ series cameras. Some videos are much better than others. Some are complete waste of everybody's time! I really wouldn't try dismantling these cameras without watching at least one video first.

Spot the difference?

You'll want a very fine cross-head screwdriver sized "0000" and a pair of long nosed tweezers. Don't work over a carpet! Keep the tiny screws in a shallow container where you can pick and place them with the tweezers. The screws on the TZ7 are all the same size except for the three inside which hold the sensor plate in place.

Each of the TZ series is different. So do your homework properly first before even considering dismantling! How else will you discover how to release the ribbon cables?

Afternoon shopping ride in a cold wind. Tailwind going. Headwind coming home. My NW MTB shoes were hurting my feet for some reason. I have only just changed from my NW winter MTB boots. These "summer shoes" have tricycled literally tens of thousands of miles with me in them. I'll just have to try loosening the straps to see if that helps. With my present low mileage it would be a waste of money buying new cycling shoes now. The NW shoes have a wider last than Shimano and Specialized. I tried both makes but couldn't wear them for long. Only 7 miles. [Today.]


Click on any image for an enlargement.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment