2 Jan 2019

2nd January 2019 Perishing!

*

Wednesday 2nd 36F, very windy but clear. There was only a low bank of cloud blocking the sunrise as I walked to the lanes. The sky was otherwise, completely clear. With a fine crescent moon pointing at brilliant Venus. 

I had added a thick, fleece jacket, fleece trousers and yellow safety glasses to my usual winter walking garb. Now well zipped up to the nose I was fairly well protected from the cold and raggedy, northerly wind. Though the glasses soon had a deep rim of tears with white horses and breakers cascading over my cheeks. The sun rose free just in time to blind me on the last leg. Am I having fun yet?

Thursday 3rd 23F, -5C, a hard, white frost but now it's calm. A sunny start, when it finally gets high enough to be seen. Suitably bundled up I set off my morning walk. Much to my surprise I saw a hot air balloon. It was poorly placed for photography being so low. Just as I tried to capture a snap of the already distant balloon, a hooded crow landed in the foreground.

This is probably only the third balloon I have seen since coming to Denmark over two decades ago.  Where we once lived in the UK, more than 35 year ago, they were almost a daily occurrence.

After failing to obtain any more pictures of the balloon I pressed on to find a family of three deer grazing on a quiet, field track. They kept moving slowly away until they were finally able to escape. The large, village pond was well covered in noisy Mallards all busy keeping a channel ice free. Again they were difficult to capture due to the foreground shrubbery.


Click on any image for an enlargement.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment