19 Nov 2018

19th November 2018 I'm old too!

*


Monday 19th 39F, Eek! Very dark grey, cold and windy. Hovering around 5C with 25mph gusts. With Wind Chill that's equivalent to -3C. It's enough to turn you to heavy drinking according to scientists.

Drunk in charge of a trike? Nah, not really. I still have some pride. Mind you, there's plenty of big pockets in the jerseys and jackets for beer cans. These cans need not be full.

There is an impoverished class of persons in Denmark. Who are so poor that they ride battered and rusty old 1950s mopeds. As they go around looking for empty drinks cans carelessly tossed into waste bins. Many will stop to pick up a can on the verge to take to the supermarket's recycling machine. It's called "trickle down" for very obvious reasons.

Say I was found drunkenly draped over my trike: Do you think I might get a special dispensation for claiming I have the International Standard Sporting Cyclist's <cough> "Universal Asthma Problem?"

As in; "I'm a martyr to asthma, officer." "So I must consume several cans of beer before every training session."  I'm still waiting for cannabis to become an International Standard Prescription for <cough> The Peloton's Universal Asthma Problem.

Danish police are having a go at motorists who cross on the red at traffic lights. Yellow means stop. Or in this case it means "stop at your own peril!" As some drunk, Danish driver hits you from behind because you didn't run the red light as expected. It has happened to me twice now at traffic lights by <cough> "mint chewing" drunk drivers.

"It's my wife's car," seems to be the favourite excuse. They probably have multiple bans for drunk driving themselves. So they drive a car registered and insured under their wife's name. Driving while constantly "chewing mints," of course.

There's a lot of it about. "Mint chewers," driving their wife's cars have damaged my own car twice in almost empty car parks. One was so keen to avoid attracting any attention that he offered me £100 in cash to "fix it myself." Then £200.

Another "mint chewer" reversed his wife's vast and utterly hideous, Picasso people carrier into the side of my parked car at a petrol station. His excuse? My car was so old it didn't really matter, hic! I'm old too. Was the self-confessed sociopath going to run me over? And, would that be his wife's fault?

The gulls were back and in unbelievable numbers this morning. A huge dark cloud was swirling high above their usual roosting field but my images were crap due to 'noise' from a lack of light. Just the price of undersized glass on overambitious optical zooms. More like pinhole cameras for those of us who still remember crystal sets and Ladybird clothing. 

A dark buzzard was circling effortlessly over the marsh until it spotted me and moved away. There were only a dozen male Mallards visible on the pond until a similar number of anxious females joined them from my side. I half circumnavigated the prairie then followed the edges of the fields to photograph different vistas.

My trusty old Lumix TZ7 is losing the will to live. It keeps producing soft images. Probably a build up of internal dust over time. The lens extension and retract seems to be getting slower and slower. I'll have to try pausing before taking a 'snap.' Just to give it time to catch up. The camera must be feeling its age after the hundreds of thousands of images I have taken. I know that feeling! 😉

Today's ride was in the car. As I had to buy a load of fuel blocks to avoid losing the last of our furniture to the insatiable wood stove. And it's still only 58F/14C indoors. So we keep watching advertising videos of heat pumps to keep warm. How the other half live, eh? The cost of an air sourced installation would be about 1/3rd the value of our home.

The Danish politicooze [upper classes] are trying to force wood burners to invest in green technology. The soot particles were threatening to overshadow VW's absolute diesel supremacy. How were they going to turn the Luddites green?? By threatening to take away their old stoves.

Some countries have subsidies for "green" home improvements. Denmark spent all the funds on giving away billions to foreign crooks in reclaimed taxes they were never due. Then there was the vast fleet of unusable F35s fiasco. These are so noisy they have "Concorde style" bans against overflying most European countries. At least, those with any remaining pretensions to democracy under EU Dictatorship.


Click on any image for an enlargement.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment