24 Dec 2018

24th December 2018 Grey, Sir? Suits you, Sir!

*

Monday 24th 33-38F, dark grey and calm, so far, for Denmark's Christmas Eve. Sunshine is forecast but it will be a real struggle to break through the solid cloud. I wanted a short ride to the shops but the statistics are against me as alcohol fuels even more cars at this time of year. The Head Gardener has hidden the key to the Tradesman's Entrance and denied me a gate pass so I can't get the trike out

I was about to launch myself on another morning walk when the cloud started breaking up to the north. While it simultaneously started snowing heavily to the south! Nonetheless, I set off for a brisk walk to the lanes and back in dry weather. The traffic was lighter than the sunshine but the lack of wind meant I did not feel cold. The [presumably driving] alcoholic who is discarding bottles in the lanes has gone downhill with the holiday season. The number of discarded bottles has suddenly doubled.

I could see a tabby cat hiding behind a field hedge well ahead along a straight. It watched me walk the 200 yards until I finally reached it. By which time it had crouched down and slunk away unseen. It probably knew I was going to tease it by calling it when I arrived. I have a terrible reputation amongst local cats for that sort of thing.

A Merry Christmas to all my readers.



*

No comments:

Post a Comment