27 Mar 2019

27th March 2019 Another 10 liters of bike chain oil, please?

*

Wednesday 27th 43F, dark grey with light winds. D'y'all want sun or no sun, with that forecast? I'll take the sun, please? Coming right up! And so the battle of the "seaweed feelers" continues for another day.

The wind was at my back so I felt safe enough. Until I get home and drink the water. Walked to the lanes as very light rain began to fall. Nobody mentioned rain! I want a refund.

Does my bum look big with these spray bars? 

In breaking news: The EU is talking about compulsory speed limiters on all new vehicle by 2020. No doubt VW will find a way around another "silly" restriction. What about the 98% of secondhand cars on Danish roads?

Most Danes can't afford new cars when the import taxes are 250% to pay for vast fleets of Chumpy's fighters jests jets which are far too noisy to use. So that the taxpayer has to buy up whole villages and farms to demolish them around all the air bases.  At least it gives them an opening for increasingly unpopular, wind farms. Ironic that the jets are to preserve the Danish way of life against Pootin's drunken hordes, isn't it?

Meanwhile, Danish emergency service crews are wasting hours filling out forms to confirm they were on "a shout." When they accidentally passed one of the three new speed cameras in Denmark at only average traffic speeds. Speeding is a basic human right here. So I don't know what all the fuss is about.

The warmer weather has brought the Teslas and motorcycles back out on the roads of Denmark. Presumably they dissolve when fed on a liquid diet of Danish, road de-icer? My trike chain begins to rust within a few minutes of winter tyre spray. Did I tell you I have to buy my chain oil in 5 litre cans? No discount for bulk, either! It's no wonder I am often the only one on the road except for a few other, doolally OAPs. It's a good job I have a stainless steel trike! I only chose that material to avoid cleaning it. The foresight of Solomon, I call it.

These winter road treatments are so strong they even make big name, German white goods rust out from the inside! My 1990s car gives daily thanks for my very low mileage. Though it needed new sills at the last MOT. Beginning of the end? While my 1954 Higgins hangs and shivers in the draughty shed. I'm constantly praying to Odin that the spring gales won't be blowing off the nearest road today.

Click on any image for an enlargement.


*

No comments:

Post a Comment