1 Sept 2017

30th August 2017 Oh, the shame!! 😞

 *
Wednesday 30th 60F, 16C, heavy overcast, rain arriving possibly with heavy thunderstorms. I only made a few hundred yards along the road before the rain started seriously. Quick, about turn and retraced my steps. A wet and windy day ensued but no thunder was involved. I hardly stepped outside.

Thursday 31st 54F, 12C, heavy overcast with yet more rain. I was just reading about a young, world traveler who felt very restless on his return. It seems this is also a common complaint amongst athletes who end their active careers. Finally, I have an excuse for my feelings of emptiness when I didn't have a ride every day. Tricyclist's PTSD can be hell! 😉 And, hopefully, a perfectly valid excuse for all my "little faults."

At least I wasn't let loose on the motorway to ride for miles in the wrong direction. Until the police were forced to use articulated lorries to literally block the road. As happens fairly frequently in Denmark according to the news.

Mostly it is the elderly who get confused by all the flashing headlights. As all those other "idiots" drive the wrong way down the motorway towards them. <sigh> The latest, elderly "ghost driver" didn't even acknowledge the police sirens, horns and flashing blue lights. Let's be careful out there. You never know who you might meet coming the wrong way!

Late ride to the shops under hefty plates of cloud. Looking more like the underside of flying camping mattresses, some were dragging filthy underskirts of cloudbursts. Fortunately this variety went north and west of me. Though others remained threatening all the same. They are still staffing the Danish supermarkets with little kiddies. Which may explain the lack of stock of several standard items.

On the way back a little girl overtook me as I climbed uphill away from my last shopping stop. I swiftly overtook her again but the shame will probably remain with me forever. She didn't even have her feet properly placed on the pedals of her tiny bike as she raced past on the pavement! I could see it was quite deliberate because she was grinning at me as she passed! My only saving grace was that somebody had removed her stabilizers. While I have mine stuck on permanently! Some say that old age is a return to childhood. I can see what they mean. My humour grows more childish [and obscure] every day. Only 7 miles. 

Click on any image for an enlargement.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment