~?~
Sunday 6th 51F/11C [7.30] Bright overcast. A dry day is promised. With lighter winds. 20F/68F in the room. 10C/50F in the greenhouse. Up just before 7am after a fairly quiet night. No ill effects from yesterday's ride.
A modest ride today I think. To try a different supermarket chain for my wholemeal bread rolls. This has been going on for all the time I have lived here. The monopoly industrial bakers keep discontinuing bread or rolls which I like and use daily. It is always the supposedly, healthiest option at the time. Which is frustrating. In having to find an healthy alternative. I haven't touched the white crap in decades.
12.30 Back from a 34km ride. On a whim I rode the forest track. As it was more or less on my way. It felt strange to be on my bike there. After years and my hundreds of visits on foot. The inclines are steep, the surface very rough and loose in places. Puddled in other places. Mud is worse than anything else. The tire treads are not for off road but perfectly adequate.
The forest had changed considerably since my last walk there. Areas clear felled. Others replanted with conifers. Resulting in a complete change of atmosphere in places. I had forgotten how steep the hills and bends really were. The Moustache is very stable and has enough power to overcome any incline. It's just a matter of being in the right gear and assistance mode. The big disk brakes are fine.
There were lots of vintage cars in the lanes. All going the opposite way. Perhaps to meet at the Skoda Museum.
I found the rolls I needed at the more distant supermarket. 14km from home. I bought two packs to make it worth the trip. Enjoyable as it was anyway.
The afternoon was spent on YouTube.The robot had another outing on the drive. The difference where it mows is remarkable compared to where it doesn't. It magically suppresses the weeds. It just needs more discipline!
I took the recycling bin along the drive. For emptying early tomorrow morning.
The ponies were glad to see me and enjoyed a mouthful of grass each.
Dinner was a mushroom omelette. It slid out of the pan rather nicely.
~?~


No comments:
Post a Comment