15 Aug 2026

16.08.2026 48 more kilometers.

 ~?~

  Saturday 15th 61F/16C [6.40] A bright sunny day with some cloud but cooler. Peaking around 23C today but falling below 20C for the next week. A northwesterly breeze. There is a drought warning and fire risk for the whole country. A comfortable 23C/73F in the room. 17C/63F om the greenhouse.

 Up at 6.00 after an unusually quiet night.  

  I had my online chat.

 The pedal trolleys parked up on the north side. Of the remaining tracks at the Glamsbjerg crossing. After decades of traffic thumping across the tire polished rails. They have finally removed them and laid asphalt. The tracks could not be lifted. Because the pedal cycles still needed to cross.

 13.50 71F/22C Back from a 48km ride. Variable cloud cover. No change on the new cycle path. Except for a mass of weeds! I foresee a need for regular maintenance. I doubt that there will be enough foot and cycle traffic to clean the surface.

 By deliberately taking various detours I eventually reached a quiet coastal bay. Where once a lot of boats were moored. Until "somebody" decided to kill that stone dead overnight. By charging for mooring. If memory serves. Or greatly increasing the prices. Now you never see a single boat moored there and the once busy carpark is empty. There were never any facilities. They bay lies on the end of a long, narrow lane.

 Quite a headwind coming home. I used Turbo mode to help me along. I ignored the supermarkets as I rode through the village. Intending to shop later. There was nothing I desperately needed. I will probably shop in Assens tomorrow. In the car.

 Dinner was fish fingers, chips and peas. 

  

  ~?~

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment